Ideally, warm-up prior with self-massage and mobility exercises. See this post: How To Prepare For Workouts
WOD: Complete the following 8 Core~Cardio Exercises in a circuit for 40s each with 10s Rest for 4 Sets.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s Work, 10s Rest, 32 Sets
**Heart Rate Monitor Zone: 3-5. Get the heart rate up during this time to an anaerobic zone (non-conversational intensity). Zones 4-5 are generally anaerobic zones. Zone 3 is an aerobic zone. Encourage clients to work in zones 4 & 5 for 10 minutes or more8 as tolerated**
- Quadruped w. Opp. Arm & Leg (Hold 3s Each Side): *Get on your Hands and Knees (four point position) with your Knees & Hands, Hip & Shoulders width apart. Keep your Hands directly Under the Shoulders and Knees directly Under the Hips. Flex the Feet to contact the Toes. Lengthen your Spine to Neutral Position (tall/stretch through the top of your Head to activate your Core Stabilizers). Spread your Fingers & Rotate your Arms and Hands slightly (like digging into the sand) to Activate the Scapular Stabilizers – Shoulder Blade moves toward back pocket. Hold this Position while you slide One Hand Forward & Lift it from the Ground. Return it to the Ground and “dig in.” Repeat on the other Arm. Hold the Position while you Slide One Foot Backward to Straighten the Knee & Slightly Lift the Leg from the Ground – Focus on using the Glutes & Keep the Pelvis Level. Return & Stabilize. Repeat on the other Leg. Keep the Back Straight, Shoulders Level & Activated, and Pelvis Level – Don’t Arch or Twist the Spine *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- Double Airborne Heisman’s/Eq Side Steps: *Opp. Arm & Leg *Toes Up *Relax Heels
- KB/DB Figure 8 to Hold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3kihgzdGAc *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Hinge from Hips – Not a Squat *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- NordicTrack: *Stay Tight *Opp. Arm & Leg *Get Full Extension with Back Leg *Breathe Rhythmically
- Equalizer/Chair Triceps Extensions: *Wide Knees *Lift Collar Bones *Bring Knees back to make harder *Squeeze Butt *Modification: Bring Knees Forward – Butt Out *Keep belly in the whole time. *Inhale on the way down and exhale with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- Chair/Step Step-Ups (20s Each Side): *Lead with Right Foot for 20s & Repeat with Left – Up-Up-Down-Down *Add MB/SB if tolerated *Modify with Various Step Heights *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
- Glider Mountain Climbers: *Push~Up Position *Feet on Gliders *Knees barely off the ground *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Corkscrew Elbows In *Glide Head Back *Get Full ROM with Hip extension *Modify with Standing Mountain Climber *Keep Belly in *Breathe rhythmically
- Lateral High Knee Run (switch directions every few sec): *Land on Ball of Foot – Toes Up *Drive Elbows *Opp. Arm & Leg *Stay Tall *Modify with March *Breathe rhythmically
I hope that you get a chance to give this workout a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new Coaching Program starting Monday!
APPLY HERE>>> Brien Shamp’s Transformation Coaching Interview
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
For more workouts like this check out our online workout area here: Fitness Challenges/Travel Workouts We are adding more workouts daily
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more people to reach their full potential >> Subscribe & Get Our Free Foam Roller Guide Resource
Your friend & coach,
Share this #Workout by forwarding it to your friends and family!