Ideally, warm-up prior with self-massage and mobility exercises. See this post: How To Prepare For Workouts
WOD: Perform the following 6 Exercises for 20s each with 10s Rest for 6 Sets Total before moving on to the next Exercise.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 20s Work, 10s Rest, 6 Sets, 30s Transition Time after Completing all 6 Sets*
**Heart Rate Monitor Zone: 3-5. Get the heart rate up during this time to an anaerobic zone (non-conversational intensity). Zones 4-5 are generally anaerobic zones. Zone 3 is an aerobic zone. Encourage clients to work in zones 4 & 5 for 10 minutes or more8 as tolerated**
- DB/Band/Heavy Object Bent Over Alternating Rows & DB Squat w. Upright Rows (3 Sets Each): *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Hinge from Hips *Back Flat *Squeeze Shoulder Blades *Modifications: For those with Shoulder Issues do Band Rows *Draw belly in toward the spine the whole time. Inhale on the PULL and exhale, with Kegel contraction (engage bladder) on the way down (opposite of others movements)
- Glider Prone Mountain Climbers & Glider Prone Saw (3 Sets Each): *Perform on Hands if possible *Push into Ground to Extend Upper Back *Feet on Gliders *Corkscrew Elbows In *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Lift Collar Bones 1” *1 Leg or go back farther to increase intensity *Modification: Standing Mountain Climbers & Beast *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
- SB/MB/Heavy Object Bear Hug Squats & Prisoner Sumo Jump Squats (3 Sets Each): *Feet shoulder width *Hinge from Hips & Lower into Squats *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Modification: Reduce Load & Go to Toes only with Jump Squats *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- Push Ups & Step/Chair Dips (3 Sets Each): *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Squeeze Butt on Push Ups *Keep Elbows In & Back close to Chair/Step on Dips *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- Lateral Beast (10s Each Direction) & Lateral Ape (10s Each Direction) (3 Sets Each): See 1:00 & 2:00 Mark in Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuuzuUuy28o
*Ape: Start in Squat Position > Reach to Right with Straight Arms & Jump with both Feet to Right > Back to Left at Halfway Point *Push Hands into Ground *Modification: Hold onto something & not going as low *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
- Insanity Jumps & In-In-Out-Out (3 Sets Each): *Switch Lead Foot at Halfway Point for In-In-Out-Out *Start with feet wide *Goal is Speed when Movement is learned *Increase intensity with greater depth with squat and speed with in-in-out-out *Relax Heels *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
Finisher: Lateral High Knees & Lateral Jumps: 20s x 10s x 6-8 Sets
Alternate Lateral High Knees & Lateral Jumps *Toes Up with Landing *Focus on Slowing Down Breathing & Stretching Calves during Recovery *Breathe rhythmically
I hope that you get a chance to give this workout a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new Coaching Program starting Monday!
APPLY HERE>>> Brien Shamp’s Transformation Coaching Interview
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
For more workouts like this check out our online workout area here: Fitness Challenges/Travel Workouts We are adding more workouts daily
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more people to reach their full potential.
Your friend & coach,
Telephone: (650) 514-6679
Share this #Workout by forwarding it to your friends and family!