Ideally, warm-up prior with self-massage and mobility exercises. See this post: How To Prepare For Workouts
WOD: Perform the following 5 Station Primary Movements (PM) for 40s followed by the Active Rest Movements (ARM) for 40s for 3 Sets each.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s Work, 5s Rest, 6 Sets, 30s Transition Time after Completing all 6 Sets*
**Heart Rate Monitor Zone: 3-5. Get the heart rate up during this time to an anaerobic zone (non-conversational intensity). Zones 4-5 are generally anaerobic zones. Zone 3 is an aerobic zone. Encourage clients to work in zones 4 & 5 for 10 minutes or more8 as tolerated**
PM (40s x 3 Sets):
- Sprinter’s Backwards Lunges w. Hip & Elbow Drive (20s Each Side): *Start with Feet Hip Width > Lunge Back with RT Leg > RT Arm Forward *Forward Bend from Hip in Sprinter Position – Opp. Arm & Leg *Explode into Ground > Drive RT Knee & LT Arm Up > Switch Sides after 20s *Modify with Smaller Step and without Knee Drive *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- DB/KB Renegade Row > Push-Up (Alt. Sides): *Perform Row with Right Arm > Push~Up > Row with Left Arm > Push~Up > Repeat *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Low Hands *Squeeze Shoulder Blades at end ROM of Row *Relax Upper Traps *Modify on Knees or go Wider Feet & Bent Over Rows / Band or TRX Rows *Draw the belly in toward the spine the whole time. Inhale on the LOAD/PULL and exhale, with Kegel contraction (engage bladder) on the way down (opposite of others movements)
- Sandbag/MB Front Loaded Staggered Stance Good Mornings (20s Each Side): *Hinge from Hip *Keep Back Flat (Feel Stretch in Hamstrings) *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Modify for those with Back Issues: Bridges/1 Leg Bridges *Draw the belly in toward the spine the whole time *Inhale on the way down and exhale with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- Split Squat Jumps (20s Each Side): *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Hinge from Hips *Modify with Split Squats – hold onto wall as needed *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
- MB/DB Standing Reverse Wood Chops w. Weight Shift (20s Each Side): *Lift Collar Bones *Low to High-Knee to Shoulder Movement *Keep Back Flat *Hinge from Hip *Rotate from Core *Arms Straight to make harder as tolerated *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
ARM (40s x 3 Sets):
- In-In-Out-Out with Small Step/Stool (lead with other foot after 20s): *Start by straddling step and go in-in-out-out *Relax Heels *Breathe Rhythmically
- Squat Jumps: *Start and end with arms overhead *Land in the same spot *Modify with squats or squat holds *Breathe Rhythmically
- Square Drill: *It is common to move in a circle instead of a square *Stay low and cut directions *Relax Heels *Breathe Rhythmically
- Down-Ups *Athletic position >>> Coach says down *Get down fast and come back up in ready position *Modify speed and get up any way possible *Breathe Rhythmically
- Wide Low Mountain Climbers: Lower Push-Up Position for those who can *Wide Feet *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Stay Low *Breathe Rhythmically
Finisher: Perform 1 more set of strength work in circuit
I hope that you get a chance to give this workout a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new Mind & Body Coaching Program starting Monday!
APPLY HERE>>> Brien Shamp’s Transformation Coaching Interview
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
For more workouts like this check out our online workout area here: Fitness Challenges/Travel Workouts We are adding more workouts daily
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more people to reach their full potential.
Your friend & coach,
Telephone: (650) 514-6679
Share this #Workout by forwarding it to your friends and family!