Ideally, warm-up prior with self-massage and mobility exercises. See this post: How To Prepare For Workouts
WOD: Complete the following 8 Exercises in a Circuit for 40s each with 10s Rest for 3 Rounds.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s Work, 10s Rest, 24 Sets, 10s Transition Time after Completing each Round*
**Heart Rate Monitor Zone: 3-5. Get the heart rate up during this time to an anaerobic zone (non-conversational intensity). Zones 4-5 are generally anaerobic zones. Zone 3 is an aerobic zone. Encourage clients to work in zones 4 & 5 for 10 minutes or more8 as tolerated**
- SB/MB/ Heavy Object Dynamic Step-Ups (20s Leading w. Each Foot): *Hold weighted object any way they want *Collar Bones Up *Increase or decrease Intensity with Weight & Height of Step *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up.
- Moving Lateral Beast: *Knees barely off Ground *Opp. Arm & Leg *Move Right to Left *Modify with Hold or Crawl *Breathe rhythmically
- Forward 2 – Backwards 2 Lateral Shuffle (20s Each Side): *Land on Balls of Feet *Toes Up *Relax Heels
- Supine Hip Opener Crunch: *Start in Supine Position with Arms Overhead > Hips Flexed at 90 with Legs Extended > Crunch Up & Reach through Legs as they Open *Legs come together while going back to start *Tongue on Roof of Mouth *Toes to Nose *Modification: Lower Ab Curl *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- Glider Truck Push (Short Distance): *Hands on Gliders *Drive Feet into the Ground to Move Forward *Butt in Air *Modification: Bear Crawl *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
- Supine Stability Ball/Glider Leg Curls: *Use Hands to Curl Feet *Rest by touching Back to the Ground – Keep Hips up to make harder *Try 1 Leg at a time to make even harder *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- Red Light Green Light Reaction Drill: *Coach calls out command
- 1 Leg Balance w. Band Reverse Flys (T’s): *Squeeze Shoulder Blades at End ROM – Avoid Engaging Upper Traps *Keep Hands Below Chest *Keep Arms Straight *Stand on Disc to add challenge *Draw the belly in toward the spine the whole time. Inhale on the LOAD/PULL and exhale, with Kegel contraction (engage bladder) on the way down (opposite of others movements)
3 Minute Finisher: Perform the following 3 movements for 5 reps in a Circuit for 3 min:
- Jumping Jacks
*Teach Low Hands Position with Collar Bones Up while on Stomach *Explain Modifications – They must hit Chest for the Burpee to count
I hope that you get a chance to give this workout a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new Mind & Body Coaching Program starting Monday!
APPLY HERE>>> Brien Shamp’s Transformation Coaching Interview
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
For more workouts like this check out our online workout area here: Fitness Challenges/Travel Workouts We are adding more workouts daily
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more people to reach their full potential.
Your friend & coach,
Telephone: (650) 514-6679
Share this #Workout by forwarding it to your friends and family!