Warm-up prior to workout
WOD: Alternate the following 8 Exercises in a Circuit for 40s each with 10s Rest for 4 Rounds
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s Work, 10s Rest, 8 Sets, 30s Transition Time after Completing all 8 Sets*
If attending the LIVE Session, connect your heart rate monitor to the CoreSync app > click on workouts at the bottom > Click on LIVE > select class time and we will be able to see your heart rate, workout intensity and calories expended.
1. Mini Band Monster Walk (Forward & Back): *Start in Squat Hold Position & Walk Forward & Backward *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Squeeze Shoulder Blades *Hinge from Hips *Slight Forward Lean *Breathe rhythmically
2. Glider Commando Fwd-Back Crawl: *Feet on Gliders – Crawl with Elbows *Straight Legs *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Increase intensity by using Hands *Modify with Kneeling or Plank Hold *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
3. Insanity Power Squats (Mini Band): *Start with Feet Together > Feet Jump Out to Side – Wide > Lower into a Squat (Hinge) > Rise > Repeat *Arms Straight, Hanging Inside Thighs *Maintain Shin Angle *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Get as low as tolerated with Hips *Modify with Bikes *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
4. MB/DB ½ Kneeling (1 Foot Forward, 1 Foot Back) Reverse Wood Chops (20s Each Side): *Low to High Diagonal *Lift Collar Bones *Low to High-Knee to Shoulder Movement *Keep Back Flat *Hinge from Hip *Rotate from Core *Arms Straight to make harder as tolerated *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
5. Irish Dancers: *Similar to Leg Cradle Stretch *Right Hand Touches Left Foot (Bring Left Foot up to meet Right Hand) > Release > Alternate with Left Hand to Right Foot (Bring Right Foot up to meet Left Hand) > Increase Speed as tolerated *Show different variations with different Intensities
6. Supine Hip Opener Crunch (Mini Band): *Start in Supine Position with Arms Overhead > Hips Flexed at 90 with Legs Extended > Crunch Up & Reach through Legs as the Legs Open > Bring Legs together again while going back to Start Position *Tongue on Roof of Mouth *Toes to Nose *Modification: Lower Ab Curl *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
7. Ice Skaters: *Modify without the Jump *Breathe rhythmically
8. Superhero Pulldowns: *Begin in Superhero Position on floor (Relaxed on Stomach) with Relaxed Shoulders > Bend Elbows & Pull Back towards pockets (Lat Pulldown) – At the same time Lift Chest & Legs > Hold 2s, Engaging Glutes > Return Arms & Body to a Relaxed Starting Position > Repeat *Lift Collar Bones 1” Draw the belly in toward the spine the whole time. Inhale on the LOAD/PULL and exhale, with Kegel contraction (engage bladder) on the way down (opposite of others movements)
I hope that you get a chance to give this workout a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new I AM A PRIORITY Coaching Program starting Monday!
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE DISCOVERY CALL>>> Brien Shamp’s Coaching Program
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more people to reach their full potential.
Your friend & coach,
Telephone: (650) 514-6679
Share this #Workout by forwarding it to your friends and family!