Warm-up prior to workout
WOD: Alternate the following 5 Primary Strength Movement (PSM) Stations for 40s followed by the Active Cardio Movements (ACM) for 40s with 10s Rest for 3 Sets each before moving on to the next station.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s Work, 10s Rest, 6 Sets, 30s Transition Time after Completing each Round*
If attending the LIVE Session, connect your Heart Rate Monitor to the CoreSync app > click on Workouts at the bottom > Click on LIVE > select Class Time and we will be able to see your Heart Rate, Workout Intensity and Calories expended.
PM (40s x 3 Sets):
- DB/MB/KB/Weighted Object Single Leg Straight Leg Deadlift w. Lateral Glide (20s Each Side): *Left Foot is on Top of Glider > Glide Foot to Left as you Hinge from RT Hip > Make sure Head/Core & Weight stay in Line with RT Leg to avoid Splits > Repeat for 20s & Switch *Keep Arms Straight holding MB *Back Flat *Squeeze Butt & Shoulder Blades *Hold for 1s at Top of Motion *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- DB/KB Renegade Rows (20s per Side): *Use 1 DB *Start in Push-Up Position *Lock *Find Stable Position *Wide Legs is easier *Lift Collar Bones 1″ *Squeeze Shoulder Blades at End ROM *Relax Upper Traps *Modify with Elevation *Draw the belly in toward the spine the whole time. Inhale on the PULL and exhale, with Kegel contraction (engage bladder) on the way down (opposite of others movements)
- KB/DB/MB/Weighted Object Goblet Ankle Band Side Squats (Alternate Sides): *Hold weight in Goblet Position *Keep Elbows In *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Feet No Wider than Shoulder Width *Step to Right > Hinge & Lower into Squat > Switch to Left *Modify without Weight or Band *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- Supine Swiss Ball DB Triceps Extension (Skull Crushers): *Hold 1 DB in each hand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir5PsbniVSc *Lying Supine with Head/Shoulders on Ball, Feet Shoulder Width, Lift Collar Bones 1” *Arms Straight in Line with Shoulders, Holding DumbBells, Bend Elbows towards Forehead & Extend to Full ROM (Emphasizing Squeeze of Triceps at End) *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- Chair/Stool/Step Step-Ups w. DB/KB Shoulder Press (20s Each Side): *Start with Right Foot on Chair or Step – When Stepping Up, Press Up with Left Hand *Barely touch Back Foot so all weight is on Front Foot on Chair or Step *Squeeze Butt at Top *Explode onto Chair/Step with each Rep and go Down Slow *Switch to other Side after 20s *Modify with Small Step *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
ARM (40s x 3 Sets): *Breathe rhythmically
- Lateral Shuffle: *Relax Heels
- One Foot Lateral Hop or Balance on 1 Foot (20s Each Leg): *1 Foot Hopping Right to Left *Relax Heels *Modify with Balance on 1 Foot
- Squat Jumps: *Start & end with arms up *Load > Explode *Toes Up *Relax Heels
- Reaction Drill – Semi- Circle (RT – LT): *Relax Heels
- Wide Low Mountain Climbers: Lower Push-Up Position for those who can *Wide Feet *Lift Collar Bones 1″ *Stay Low *Modify with Regular or Standing Mountain Climbers
Finisher: Rxn Drill: Challenge w. Shuffles, Carioca, Fwd, Back, Burpees *20s x 10s x 6*
I hope that you get a chance to give this workout a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new I AM A PRIORITY Coaching Program starting Monday!
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE DISCOVERY CALL>>> Brien Shamp’s Coaching Program
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more people to reach their full potential.
Your friend & coach,
Telephone: (650) 514-6679
Share this #Workout by forwarding it to your friends and family!