Warm-up prior to workout
WOD: As a Group, perform the following 8 Core – Cardio Exercises in a Circuit for 40s each with 10s Rest for 3 Rounds.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s Work, 10s Rest, 8 Sets, 30s Transition Time after each Completing each Round*
If attending the LIVE Session, connect your Heart Rate Monitor to the CoreSync app > click on Workouts at the bottom > Click on LIVE > select Class Time and we will be able to see your Heart Rate, Workout Intensity and Calories expended.
1. Side Lying Hip Internal Rotation with Foam Roll Between Knees (20s Each Side): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzFM0tWvmWo *Place a foam roll between knees *Bring top leg up and down *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
2. One Leg Bridge w. Foot on Foam Roll (20s Each Side): *Foot on Stability Ball/Roll/Elevated Surface *Bring Hips Up & Down with 1 Leg Out *Keep Hips Level *Feet Together *Feet Under Knees *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
3. Chair/ Stability Ball Side-Lying Groin Plank (20s Each Side): *Perform on Elbow or Hand *Remove Bottom Leg so Top Leg does all the work *Inner part of the Foot should be in contact with the Chair/Ball *Keep Hips Stacked and up as high as possible *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Squeeze Shoulder Blades *Modify-Place Bottom Leg on Ground to make easier *Core breathing
4. Cardio: In-In-Out-Out with Small Step *Relax heels
5. Beast w. Shoulder Tap: *Beast Position – On All 4’s with Knees barely off the Ground *Hands/Fists Under Shoulders & Knees Under Hips in line with Hands *Alt. Tapping Shoulders as tolerated *Lift Collar Bones 1″ *Relax Shoulders *Widen Feet as needed *Modify with Beast only or Elevated Plank Position *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
6. Sea Turtles (2s Hold): *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Look Straight Ahead to promote Curvature in Neck *Feet Together *Finish with Thumbs to Thighs with Palms Up – Feel Scapulas Drop Back & Down *Lift Torso & Legs as high as possible *Keep belly in the whole time *Inhale on the way down and exhale with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
7. Side-Lying Gluteus Medius Leg Raise (20s Each Side): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBQXWsdrnfo *Bring top leg back into extension, toes to nose *Bring leg up as high as possible and come down slow *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Squeeze Shoulder Blades *Core breathing
8. Cardio: Squat Hold w. Opp. Arm & Leg: *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Hand to Opp. Foot *Hinge & Lower into Squat & Hold *Breathe rhythmically
I hope that you get a chance to give this workout a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new I AM A PRIORITY Coaching Program starting Monday!
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE DISCOVERY CALL>>> Brien Shamp’s Coaching Program
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more people to reach their full potential.
Your friend & coach,
Telephone: (650) 514-6679
Share this #Workout by forwarding it to your friends and family!