Warm-up prior to workout
WOD: Alternate the following 5 Primary Strength Movement (PSM) Stations for 30s followed by the Active Cardio Movements (ACM) for 30s with 10s Rest for 4 Sets each before moving on to the next Station.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s Work, 10s Rest, 8 Sets, 30s Transition Time after each Completing all 8 Sets*
If attending the LIVE Session, connect your Heart Rate Monitor to the CoreSync app > click on Workouts at the bottom > Click on LIVE > select Class Time and we will be able to see your Heart Rate, Workout Intensity and Calories expended.
1. Hinge: SB/MB/KB/DB Single Leg Deadlifts (15s per Side): *Feet together *Squeeze Weight with arms straight hanging down *Hinge from Hip *Feel Stretch in Hamstrings *Keep Core Tight *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Squeeze Shoulder Blades *Flat Back *Squeeze Butt at Top *Eyes Straight Ahead *Modify with Bridges for those with Back Issues *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
2. Push: Stability Ball DB 1 Arm Press (15s per Side): *Head and shoulders on ball *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Corkscrew Elbows In *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
3. Squat & Hinge: KB/DB/SB/MB Single Leg Squat w. Battle Rope Wave @ Up The Middle (Do Lateral Glide Virtually) (15s per Side): *Holding Weight as tolerated with Straight Arms between Legs *Squeeze Shoulder Blades the whole time *Eyes Straight Ahead *Lift Collar Bones 1″
*With Right Foot on Glider, Hinge from Hip & Lower Left Glute into Squat while simultaneously Gliding Right Leg to Side (Switch Sides on next Set) *Keep Gliding Leg straight *Focus on Shin Angle – Keep from Moving *Keep Head over Glute that Lowers *Modify without Glider if too much trouble or dangerous – Beginners do not need Weight – Be careful with this movement – If Head/Core moves towards Glider, Groin will tear *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
4. Squat: Split Squats w. DB/KB/SB/MB Reverse Wood Chops (15s per Side):*Chop from Lo > Hi *Chop Over Shoulder of Forward Leg *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
5. Pull: Band Pull & Rotate (15s per Side): *Anchor Band *Split Stance with Back Heel Elevated *Rotate from Core & Pull *Relax Shoulders *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Low Hands *Squeeze Shoulder Blades *Draw belly in toward the spine the whole time. *Perform Pull & Rotate with DBs or Suspension Trainer if you don’t have a Band *Inhale on the PULL and exhale, with Kegel contraction (engage bladder) on the way down (opposite of others movements)
ACM (30s x 3 Sets):
*Perform One Movement for 3 Sets before moving on to the next Movement*
1. Tony Robbins Dance Club Jumps: *Focus on Right – Left only with Speed & Core Rotation emphasis *Feet Shoulder Width *Relax Heels
2. High Knee Skips: *Relaxed Heels
3. Speed Skater: *Work on Speed *Focus on Shin Angle – Keep from Moving
4. Squat Jumps: *Start & End with Arms Overhead
5. Front to Back Hops (15s per side): *Relax Heels
Group Finisher (3 Min): Lateral Shuffles: 20s x 10s x 6 Sets
*Place a marker approximately 2 yard apart *Shuffle Laterally Right & Left for 20s Intervals, attempting to get as many touches as possible *Tell them to count each time they hit the marker *Do your best to beat your number each set
I hope that you get a chance to give this workout a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new I AM A PRIORITY Coaching Program starting Monday!
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE DISCOVERY CALL>>> Brien Shamp’s Coaching Program
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more people to reach their full potential.
Your friend & coach,
Telephone: (650) 514-6679
Share this #Workout by forwarding it to your friends and family!