Warm-up prior to workout
WOD: Perform the following 6 Exercises for 20s each with 10s Rest for 8 Sets Total. Complete all 8 Sets before moving on to the next Exercise.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 20s Work, 10s Rest, 8 Sets, 30s Transition Time after Completing each Circuit*
**Heart Rate Monitor Zone: 3-5. Get the heart rate up during this time to an anaerobic zone (non-conversational intensity). Zones 4-5 are generally anaerobic zones. Zone 3 is an aerobic zone. Encourage clients to work in zones 4 & 5 for 10 minutes or more as tolerated**
- KB/DB/BB Sumo Deadlift High Pull: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0qNjLHV3_c *Feet Wider than Shoulder Width with Toes Out *Deadlift Starts & Ends on Ground each Rep *Before lifting weight, make sure Shoulders are Packed – Teach to Respect Load *Eyes Straight Ahead *High Hips – Not a Squat *Flat Back *No Forward Shin Movement *Squeeze Butt *Bring Hands to approximately Shoulder Height *Avoid the Shrug *Quality > Speed *Average weight for females is 25 lbs *Up Fast – 1 Count – Down Slow – 2 Counts *Bring Weight down first so Arms are Straight (1st count), then Hinge & Lower Weight (2nd count) *Modify with Deadlift only for those with shoulder issues and a bridge with those with back issues *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
- Backward Sprinter’s Lunge w. Knee Drive (3 Each Side): *Stand Tall > Lunge Back with Left Leg > Bring Knee Down (not back) to Ground > While simultaneously Raising Left Arm Up, Right Arm Back & Hinging from Hip > Step Forward with Left Foot, Drive Knee Up to sky (1s Hold) > Bring Left Arm Back & Right Arm Forward > Repeat *Make sure to get Full ROM *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
- MB Slam/Weighted Wood Chop (High to Low) w. Squat Thrust: *Start with Feet Hip Width > Slam MB into Ground/Wood Chop > Squat Thrust > Explode Back Up > Repeat *Hands on Ground, MB Hits Chest *Use bigger MBs *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Low Hands *Modify without Slam *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
- Cardio: Coach’s Choice – Goal is to get Heart Rate up as tolerated
- DB/KB/MB/Heavy Object Prone Incline Bench/Stability Ball Bent Over Rows (4 Each Side) *Renegade Row If No Stability Ball: *Walk as far Forward as possible over Stability Ball so Feet still Touch the Ground *Wide Feet *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Squeeze Shoulder Blades at End ROM of Row *Relax Upper Traps *Modify on Knees with Renegade Rows or go Wider Feet & Lighter Weight *Draw the belly in toward the spine the whole time. Inhale on the LOAD/PULL and exhale, with Kegel contraction (engage bladder) on the way down (opposite of others movements)
- MB/DB/KB/Weighted Object Squat Press: *Feet Shoulder Width – Feel Little Toes & Outer Foot *Get Low with Squat *Hinge from Hip & Lower into Squat *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Modify with just Squat *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
Finisher: 3 Cone/Markers Agility Reaction Drill: 20s x 10s x 8 Sets
*Space 3 Cones/Markers about 2 yards apart in a line *Coach calls out the Cone/Marker to Run to (1,2,3) *Run, Lateral Shuffle, whatever you want to do, but the Goal is Speed *Modify with Easy Walk/Jog *Breathe rhythmically
I hope that you get a chance to give this workout a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new I AM A PRIORITY Coaching Program starting Monday!
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE DISCOVERY CALL>>> Brien Shamp’s Coaching Program
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more people to reach their full potential.
Your friend & coach,
Telephone: (650) 514-6679
Share this #Workout by forwarding it to your friends and family!