Who is this Brien Shamp Guy?
I began personal fitness training back in 1991 at the age of 18, 31 years ago.
Given Covid, we closed down my two Bay Area locations in March 2020 and now my team and I develop comprehensive coaching programs online for his clients of all ages and abilities. Our main focus is helping struggling female Entrepreneurs, CEO’s and Executives that have lost their edge and want a higher level of performance, clarity and sustained energy with our 7 Step “I AM A PRIORITY” Coaching Program.
Many who come to us are living an unbalanced life and give most of their energy to work and their families, but have little left in the tank for themselves. They also tend to have a gym membership and even have all the latest home fitness equipment (Peloton, Mirror, Tonal, etc.), but are not seeing the results they used to get when life was less stressful.
My team and I will help simplify the struggle and personalize what is needed at this time. Common coaching includes:
1. Strategies to create mental-emotional balance
2. Routines to make a healthy lifestyle more consistent
3. A focus on one’s 7 Daily Primal Needs. (breathing, hydration, sleep, nutrition, relationships, personal development and movement (exercise including massage, mobility, stretching, posture awareness, etc.).
4. Personalized Nutrition Strategies
5. Daily Accountability Check-Ins
6. Personalized Fitness Recommendations/Corrective Exercise Training For Injuries, Postural Imbalances, Prevention & Performance
7. Seep Strategies
8. Supplementation As Needed
9. Hydration Strategies
10. Meditation/Conscious Breathing Techniques
11. Relationship Coaching
12. Essential Oil Recommendations
13. Posture and Mobility Training
14. Food Reactivity Testing
15. Blood Glucose Monitoring
16. And more…
I have been the Strength & Conditioning Specialist for several colleges in the Bay area: College of San Mateo (CSM), University of Notre Dame, Santa Clara University and Menlo College.
For six years I was an Adapted Physical Education Instructor at Foothill College, where I taught elderly and mentally disabled students to enhance their overall functional capacity through exercise in various settings.
I am recognized as a Master Trainer by IDEA. I have written hundreds of articles on various health & fitness-related topics. I am an active blogger on www.BrienShamp.com.
When I am not working on personal or business development I am hanging with the family, getting movement outdoors or coaching one of many youth sports. Both kids are way too involved, so I understand the need for work-life balance. I need a coach too, and thankfully I have many!
My wife, Christina Shamp is also involved in the business as a Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach. She supports our coaching clients, especially our busy Mom’s who feel stressed or overwhelmed with the need to prepare healthy food for the family. Christina has been involved in the beauty industry for 29 years. She will help you look & feel your best by educating you on safe skincare, beauty products, food, and supplementation as needed!
Besides Christina, we have an amazing team of health & fitness professionals to serve you and give you the results you deserve!
I am so blessed to now work with coaching clients all over the world on with my 7 Step “I AM A PRIORITY” Coaching Program.
It is now 2025 and Brien Shamp’s Coaching has helped 1 million struggling female Entrepreneurs, CEO’s and Executives that have lost their edge and want a higher level of performance, clarity and sustained energy with our 7 Step “I AM A PRIORITY” Coaching Program. Our coaching clients have made themselves a priority and influenced their teams, family members and communities to be the best version of themselves also!
We offer personal fitness training, small group fitness training and larger group fitness training. All of these options are online. We do have three in-person sessions in the San Francisco Bay Area (Belmont). We are working on adding three additional in-person hours per week.
Are you getting your personal needs met? Most popular fitness programming is lacking personalization (Orange Theory, Soul Cycle, Peloton, Mirror, Tonal, group exercise workouts at your local gym).
If you try one of our Group Training Programs, you will see that we still focus on personalization even within a group training environment. This is key to getting the best possible results, which is why our workout programs are modified to fit your individual fitness goals, injuries, skill and fitness level. Whether you’re new to working out or you’re an experienced fitness buff, our professional trainers and coaches will help to modify every workout so that you’ll achieve your goals!
Knowledgeable personal trainers & coaches make the difference. Virtual Group Workouts are designed to be similar to in-person workouts that are fun, motivating, adaptable, challenging AND it keeps the cost of working with a certified personal trainer affordable compared to private one-on-one personal training sessions! Again, we do have private training also if that is what you want 🙂
Team Shamp Values
- Team Player
- Be Present
- Constant and Never-Ending Improvement (CANI)
- Create a Supportive Culture- Family
- Communicate Openly and Listen Intently
- Make Yourself A Priority! Be A Role Model
Team Shamp Culture
We support and deliver world-class coaching, nutrition & fitness and inspire meaningful change – all done in a positive environment where every team member has a voice and the power to drive progress without barriers and for the greater good of the clients that they serve.
More About Coach Brien Shamp
- BS, CMT, C.H.E.K. NLC II
- Personal Trainer
- Certified Massage Therapist
- C.H.E.K. Nutrition & Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level II
- Level 3 Nutrition Expert
- Master Fitness Trainer
- Master Supplementation Expert
- Advanced Metabolic Typing Advisor
- Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Spartan Group X Coach
- Dynamic Variable Resistance Trainer Level II
- World’s Best Personal Trainer Contest by Met-Rx (2000)
- Nominated Best in the Bay” for Weight Loss by KRON 4 (2009)
- Nominated as one of the top 10 Personal Trainers in the country by Personal Fitness Trainer Magazine (2011)
- Best Boot Camp by SF A-List Runner Up (2013)
- Best Boot Camp by SF A-List Winner (2014)
- Best Boot Camp by SF A-List Runner Up (2015)
- Best Boot Camp by SF A-List Winner (2016)
- Neighborhood Favorite by Nextdoor (2017 & 2018)
- Top Gym by Gym Launch (2018 & 2019)
- Trainer of the Month by Professional Fitness Professional (November 2020)
- Good Morning LA – June 1999 & June 2000
- Mornings by the Bay – Oct. 2000
- Idea Source – March 2000
- Independent – Apr. 2000
- San Mateo Times – June 2000
- Calgary Herald – Aug. 2000
- Ms Fitness – Winter 1999, Fall 2000, & Winter 2000
- Impact Magazine – Sep/Oct 2000
- Personal Fitness Professional – Nov. 2000
- Contributor to Quarterly Articles in Ms. Fitness Magazine since 2004
- Sports Illustrated.Com- 2009
- San Francisco Examiner.Com- 2009 & 2010
- Contributor to Monthly Articles in parenting on the Peninsula Magazine since 2010
- In Menlo.Com- Jan. 2011
- Precision Cycling Master Trainer: US
- Athletic Training Program (ATP): US & Canada
- ATP, AAQ (Speed, Agility, Acceleration, Quickness) Workshop: Fitness Resources (CO), Cardio Classic (CA) and Sarah City Mania (CA)
- ATP Strength & Power Workshop: Fitness Resources (CO) and Cardio Classic (CA)
- ATP Drills for the Personal Trainer Workshop: Fitness Resources and Sarah City Mania (CA)
- Medicine Ball Training 101: Fitness Resources (CO)
- ATP NRG Ball Training: Fitness Resources (CO) and Sarah City Mania (CA)
- Performance Enhancement through Functional Training: NATA Conference (CA)
- Dynadisc for Balance, Mobility, Proprioception and Core: Fitness Resources (CO)
- Various topics related to fitness and nutrition, Optimal Fitness Center (CA)
- Various classes related to Senior Fitness, Foothill College (CA)
- Baseball Performance related lectures, Optimal Fitness Center (CA)
- Functional Training for Seniors – Foothill College (CA)
- Detoxification- College of San Mateo & Optimal Fitness Center (CA)
- Metagenics/OFC First Line Therapy Program-Optimal Fitness Center (CA)
- Nutrition for Advanced Baseball Performance-College of San Mateo/Optimal Fitness Center/Santa Clara University (CA)
- Fit 4 Life-Lucy (CA)
- Functional Fitness Training-Fitness Educators of Older Adults Association (FEOAA)(CA)
- Successful Treatment of Obesity. A Multidisciplinary/Multidirectional Approach-Behaviordata Inc. (CA)
- Nutrition Panel, FFIT Fearless & Savvy Woman (CA)