Who is this Brien Shamp Guy?
Brien began personal fitness training back in 1991 at the age of 18.
He now develops daily coaching programs online & in-person for students of all ages and abilities.
He has been the Strength & Conditioning Specialist for several colleges in the Bay area: College of San Mateo (CSM), University of Notre Dame, Santa Clara University and Menlo College.
For six years Brien was an Adapted Physical Education Instructor at Foothill College, where he taught elderly and mentally disabled students to enhance their overall functional capacity through exercise in various settings.
Brien is recognized as a Master Trainer by IDEA. He has written hundreds of articles on various health & fitness related topics. Brien is an active blogger on www.BrienShamp.com and was a monthly contributor to “Parenting on the Peninsula”.
When Coach Brien is not working on personal or business development he is hanging with the family or coaching one of many youth sports. Both kids are way too involved, so he understands the need for work-life balance.
Brien’s wife, Chris Shamp is also involved in the business as a Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach. Chris supports our coaching clients, especially busy Mom’s who feel stressed or overwhelmed with the need to prepare healthy food for the family. Chris has been involved in beauty industry for 27 years. She will help you look & feel your best by educating you on safe skincare, beauty products, food and supplementation as needed!
Coach Brien has created quite a team of professionals to give you the results you deserve!
We are passionate about improving the Quality of Life of our coaching clients through Transformative Life Coaching, Cutting Edge-Nutrition and Award-winning Fitness Programs.
Not only do we help the residents in the fast-paced hectic Silicon Valley area get fit through exercise, but also through addressing our Seven Primal Needs: breathing (meditation), hydration, sleep, nutrition, relationships, personal development and movement (exercise including massage, mobility, stretching, posture awareness, etc.).
We now work with coaching clients all over the world on our 7 Primal Needs Coaching Model.
To help 1 million men and women transform their bodies and their lives by 2025. We accomplish this by continually innovating what we do and how we do it while staying passionate about helping people achieve their health & fitness goals through world-class coaching & support.
Personalization within a group training environment is key to getting the best possible results, which is why our workout programs are modified to fit your individual fitness goals and fitness level. Whether you’re new to working out or you’re an experienced fitness buff our professional trainers and coaches will help to modify every workout so that you’ll achieve your goals!
Knowledgeable personal trainers & coaches make the difference. Workouts are done in a dynamic group setting which makes them fun, motivating, challenging AND it keeps the cost of working with a certified personal trainer affordable compared to private one-on-one personal training sessions! We do have private training also if that is what you want 🙂
- Team Player
- Be Present
- Constant and Never-Ending Improvement (CANI)
- Create a Supportive Culture- Family
- Communicate Openly and Listen Intently
- Make Yourself A Priority! Be A Role Model
We support and deliver world-class coaching, nutrition & fitness service and inspire meaningful change – all done in a positive environment where every team member has a voice and the power to drive progress without barriers and for the greater good of the clients that we serve.
More About Brien Shamp
- BS, CMT, C.H.E.K. NLC II
- Personal Trainer
- Certified Massage Therapist
- C.H.E.K. Nutrition & Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level II
- Level 3 Nutrition Expert
- Master Fitness Trainer
- Master Supplementation Expert
- Advanced Metabolic Typing Advisor
- Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Spartan Group X Coach
- Dynamic Variable Resistance Trainer Level II
- World’s Best Personal Trainer Contest by Met-Rx (2000)
- Nominated Best in the Bay” for Weight Loss by KRON 4 (2009)
- Nominated as one of the top 10 Personal Trainers in the country by Personal Fitness Trainer Magazine (2011)
- Best Boot Camp by SF A-List Runner Up (2013)
- Best Boot Camp by SF A-List Winner (2014)
- Best Boot Camp by SF A-List Runner Up (2015)
- Best Boot Camp by SF A-List Winner (2016)
- Neighborhood Favorite by Nextdoor (2017 & 2018)
- Top Gym by Gym Launch (2018 & 2019)
- Trainer of the Month by Professional Fitness Professional (November 2020)
- Good Morning LA – June 1999 & June 2000
- Mornings by the Bay – Oct. 2000
- Idea Source – March 2000
- Independent – Apr. 2000
- San Mateo Times – June 2000
- Calgary Herald – Aug. 2000
- Ms Fitness – Winter 1999, Fall 2000, & Winter 2000
- Impact Magazine – Sep/Oct 2000
- Personal Fitness Professional – Nov. 2000
- Contributor to Quarterly Articles in Ms. Fitness Magazine since 2004
- Sports Illustrated.Com- 2009
- San Francisco Examiner.Com- 2009 & 2010
- Contributor to Monthly Articles in parenting on the Peninsula Magazine since 2010
- In Menlo.Com- Jan. 2011
- Precision Cycling Master Trainer: US
- Athletic Training Program (ATP): US & Canada
- ATP, AAQ (Speed, Agility, Acceleration, Quickness) Workshop: Fitness Resources (CO), Cardio Classic (CA) and Sarah City Mania (CA)
- ATP Strength & Power Workshop: Fitness Resources (CO) and Cardio Classic (CA)
- ATP Drills for the Personal Trainer Workshop: Fitness Resources and Sarah City Mania (CA)
- Medicine Ball Training 101: Fitness Resources (CO)
- ATP NRG Ball Training: Fitness Resources (CO) and Sarah City Mania (CA)
- Performance Enhancement through Functional Training: NATA Conference (CA)
- Dynadisc for Balance, Mobility, Proprioception and Core: Fitness Resources (CO)
- Various topics related to fitness and nutrition, Optimal Fitness Center (CA)
- Various classes related to Senior Fitness, Foothill College (CA)
- Baseball Performance related lectures, Optimal Fitness Center (CA)
- Functional Training for Seniors – Foothill College (CA)
- Detoxification- College of San Mateo & Optimal Fitness Center (CA)
- Metagenics/OFC First Line Therapy Program-Optimal Fitness Center (CA)
- Nutrition for Advanced Baseball Performance-College of San Mateo/Optimal Fitness Center/Santa Clara University (CA)
- Fit 4 Life-Lucy (CA)
- Functional Fitness Training-Fitness Educators of Older Adults Association (FEOAA)(CA)
- Successful Treatment of Obesity. A Multidisciplinary/Multidirectional Approach-Behaviordata Inc. (CA)
- Nutrition Panel, FFIT Fearless & Savvy Woman (CA)