Chicken Pot Pie Soup Who doesn’t love Chicken Pot Pie? Creamy, hearty chicken soup wrapped up in a warm flaky crust… it sounds dreamy, but it’s actually a nutritional nightmare! Not only are there far too many carbs and calories in the crust, but the soup itself is often filled with heavy dairy products and noodles that make weight gain automatic.
Today I have a lightened up recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Soup that gives you the same flavors and comfort of Chicken Pot Pie, while keeping you on track with your fitness and fat loss goals. Enjoy this warming recipe on chilly day!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup white wine
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups roasted chicken, chopped
- 2 (14 oz) cans coconut milk
- 1 cup pearl onions, halved
- 1 zucchini, diced
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a soup pot over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions, celery and garlic. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and cook until evaporated.
- Stir in the broth, butternut squash, sweet potato, thyme, poultry seasoning and bay leaf.
- Bring the soup to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce to medium.
- Simmer the soup until the butternut squash and sweet potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Discard the thyme and bay leaf.
- Add the chicken, coconut milk, pearl onions, diced zucchini, parsley and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy! 🙂
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 227 calories, 15g fat, 11g carbohydrate, 4g sugar, 329mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 12g protein.
More of my recommended recipes can be found here>>> Recipes
We are adding more recipes daily.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new 6 week challenge starting soon!
APPLY HERE>>> NEW 6-Week Total Body Transformation Challenge
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more Silicon Valley Residents to reach their full potential >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook