Have you ever enjoyed a big bowl of creamy noodles dotted with plump, juicy shrimp? Delicious, wasn’t it?! Today’s recipe is a lightened up version of that sinfully scrumptious meal.
This recipe uses zucchini to create grain-free, low-calorie noodles and then mixes it with fresh-made pesto and steamed shrimp. The result is as tasty as the original, with half of the calories. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 4 zucchini
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- dash of sea salt
- juice of 1⁄2 a lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 dozen large shrimp
For the Noodles
- Run a vegetable peeler along each zucchini until you reach the seeds, to create long, flat noodles.
- Place your zucchini noodles in a bowl.
For the Pesto
- Place the macadamia nuts, basil leaves, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and lemon juice in a food processor.
- Pulse until well combined while drizzling in the olive oil.
- Peel and devien the shrimp, pulling off the tail and then the rest of the shell.
For the Shrimp and Noodles
- Heat a pot of water under a steamer basket.
- Steam your noodles for about 5 minutes, until tender. Remove to a medium bowl.
- Steam the shrimp for 3 minutes, until fully pink.
- Combine the noodles with the pesto and top with warm shrimp. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 328 calories, 28g fat, 15g carbohydrate, 0g sugar, 85mg sodium, 8g fiber, and 12g protein.
More of my recommended recipes can be found here>>> Recipes
We are adding more recipes daily.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new 6 week challenge starting soon!
APPLY HERE>>> NEW 6-Week Total Body Transformation Challenge
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more Silicon Valley Residents to reach their full potential >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook