Bad snacking is one of the number one reasons that people gain weight. That occasional bag of chips or pair of cookies from the vending machine may seem harmless enough, but as you may know from firsthand experience those processed calories add up — quickly!
This recipe for Beef Jerky opens up a whole new snacking option. It’s great for on-the-go, doesn’t need refrigeration, and is packed with protein to power your day. You don’t have to worry about all those preservatives that store-bought jerky contains, your batch of Beef Jerky is pure and chemical free.
The process of making jerky is fun and surprisingly easy. You don’t even need a dehydrator, your oven will do just fine.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 2 pounds lean flank steak, frozen
- 2 cups low sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 2 cups Fresh Squeezed Apple Juice
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Using a mandoline slicer, slice the frozen flank steak into strips of about ¼inch thickness, slicing with the grain.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients in a large Tupperware.
- Add the steak slices. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Cover the bottom of the oven with foil — this gets messy! Turn your oven to 160 degrees F.
- Pat any excess marinade off each steak strip then lay directly across your oven racks.
- Wipe any excess marinade from the foil-lined oven bottom.
- Place a wooden spoon in the crack of the oven door to keep it slightly propped open.
- Allow the steak to dehydrate for the next 3 hours. Flip each piece over and dehydrate for another 3 hours. Your jerky is done when you’re able to easily rip a piece off.
This jerky will keep in a sealed bag, without refrigeration, for 3 months. Enjoy! 🙂
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 62 calories, 2g fat, 2g carbohydrate, 3g sugar, 83mg sodium, 0g fiber, and 7g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call 650-654-4604 or email me now at email@example.com to set up your first strategy session. I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
FeastPeace, our NEW Organic meal delivery service has been outstanding. Meals are now available to go for those of you who would like to grab a quick bite to eat, lunch or dinner after sessions at the Harbor location.
If you don’t want to make the time to cook or if you are confused on what makes a healthy meal give FeastPeace a try for just a week. You can now order your meals 24 hours in advance.
For more information and to order >>> FeastPeace Organic Meal Delivery
Check out more fabulous recipes on https://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp