Regardless of your eating plan, there’s always a place for ample servings of dark, leafy greens. This nutritious dish is filled with fiber, folate, carotenoids, iron, calcium, and vitamins K and C. While most collard greens recipes involve bacon and lots of fat (which is not necessarily a bad thing), this recipe is lightened up with a couple of slices of ham and just a touch of olive oil.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 slices ham, diced
- 8 cups chopped, destemmed collards
- 1 cup broth
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and the garlic.
- Sauté until the garlic is golden. Add the ham and cook for 2 minute, stirring often.
- Add the collards and broth and cover with a lid for 4 minutes, until wilted.
- Remove the lid and stir.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until very tender. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 85 calories, 5g fat, 5g carbohydrate, 388mg sodium, 0g sugar, 3g fiber, and 6g protein.
More of my recommended recipes can be found here>>> Recipes
We are adding more recipes daily.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new 6 week challenge starting soon!
APPLY HERE>>> NEW 6-Week Total Body Transformation Challenge
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more Silicon Valley Residents to reach their full potential >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook