Here’s an easy meal that epitomizes lean eating! It’s a simple skillet dish that doesn’t require any highfalutin kitchen skills, yet turns out tasting phenomenal! So often healthy eating is brushed off in favor of a quicker, easier option – however with a recipe this simple there’s simply no excuse to put off eating healthy any longer.
Scroll down and purchase the ingredients below. Then get home, pull out your favorite skillet, and start cooking. In about 30 minutes you will be done, your home will be filled with yummy food smells, and the family will gather to enjoy a scrumptious, lean-body meal that gets you all one step closer to your fitness goals. Don’t wait, let’s do this now!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 cup butternut squash, finely diced
- 1 (7oz) can, Hatch, green diced chiles
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup egg whites
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the olive oil and garlic and sauté until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Add the Brussels Sprouts, butternut squash, and diced chiles and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until tender.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove the veggies from the skillet and set aside in a bowl.
- In a large bowl combine the chili powder, cumin and smoked paprika.
- Add the ground turkey and use your hands to work the spices into the meat.
- Return the skillet to medium high heat and add the turkey.
- Cook, stirring often and breaking the turkey into small pieces, until no pink remains.
- Add the veggies back in. Stir well and pour in the egg whites.
- Cook, stirring continuously, until the egg whites are set.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Enjoy! 🙂
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 139 calories, 5g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 126mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 16g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call 650-654-4604 or email me now at email@example.com to set up your first strategy session. I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
FeastPeace, our NEW Organic meal delivery service has been outstanding. Meals are now available to go for those of you who would like to grab a quick bite to eat, lunch or dinner after sessions at the Harbor location.
If you don’t want to make the time to cook or if you are confused on what makes a healthy meal give FeastPeace a try for just a week. You can now order your meals 24 hours in advance.
For more information and to order >>> FeastPeace Organic Meal Delivery
Check out more fabulous recipes on https://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp