There are few things as smile-inducing in life as a chocolate chip cookie… in any form. The form we are enjoying today is that of cookie dough balls! These moist, yummy, cookie dough balls are the perfect quick energy snack to pop into your mouth in the middle of a busy afternoon. Just don’t be surprised when you find yourself smiling from ear to ear!
What makes these cookie dough balls a healthy source of energy rather than a fattening treat? The ingredients that we are using, of course! Whole oats, natural peanut butter and high quality protein powder create a trifecta of wholesome, complex carbs, usable protein and satiating, good-for-you fat. Also important is the distinct lack of simple sugars that you’d find in traditional cookies. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats (choose gluten free)
- ½ cup of ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (about 2/3 cup)
- 20 drops liquid stevia OR ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup of natural, organic peanut butter (no sugar added – just peanuts and salt)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup water (or coffee for a caffeine boost!)
- ½ cup of stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Place the rolled oats, ground flax seed, cinnamon, vanilla protein powder, stevia, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and water (or coffee) in a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are blended.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Note: the mixture will appear crumbly, but once you press it together it will stick.
- Form the energy bite mixture into 1″ balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt. Cover and place in refrigerator for 2 hours. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 100 calories, 6g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 46mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 5g protein.
More of my recommended recipes can be found here>>> Recipes
We are adding more recipes daily.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new 6 week challenge starting soon!
APPLY HERE>>> NEW 6-Week Total Body Transformation Challenge
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more Silicon Valley Residents to reach their full potential >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook