Glazed Chicken & Veggies En Papillote
En Papillote is a fancy French way of saying “cooked in paper” 🙂 This tender chicken and veggie recipe cooks in a packet made with parchment paper, which is one of the reasons that it’s so quick and healthy. Enjoy this quick and easy fitness meal for dinner and the leftovers for lunch the next day!
Parchment paper packets use steam to quickly and healthfully cook the contents. It also makes clean up a breeze – crumpling up some paper and throwing it in the trash is my kind of KP! Parchment paper is grease and moisture resistant paper that has been specially treated for oven use. It won’t burn in the oven on bake, however don’t put it under the broiler – it will burn there! There is no right or wrong side of parchment paper – either side can be used.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thin sliced
- sea salt and black pepper
For the Sauce:
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- ½ cup natural ketchup (no sugar added)
- Liquid Stevia to taste (approx. 3 droppers full)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh chives for garnish (optional)
For the Veggies:
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 2 shallots
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (drizzle) of olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can butter beans, drained and rinsed>
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly pound the chicken breasts. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a bowl combine the butternut squash, green beans, shallots, salt and pepper, olive oil, and butter beans. Toss to combine.
- Cut four 12-by-16-inch pieces of parchment paper and fold each in half.
- Open the parchment paper and arrange one-quarter of the veggie mixture in the center of the top half of each parchment.
- Top with a chicken breast, a smear of the marinade and a sprinkle of chives.
- Fold the bottom half of the parchment paper over the chicken. Start folding and crimping the parchment paper ends together from one end all the way around the chicken to the other end, creating a sealed envelope.
- Fold the end under the chicken. The chicken and veggie should be fully encased, with no breaks in the parchment paper for steam to escape – we need that steam as part of the cooking process!
- Place the packets on a pan, bake the chicken packets for 25 to 30 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Serve the chicken packets on plates, tearing them open just before serving. Enjoy! 🙂
Nutritional Analysis: 269 calories, 3g fat, 41g carbohydrate, 7g sugar, 254mg sodium, 8g fiber, and 22g protein.
More of my recommended recipes can be found here>>> Recipes
We are adding more recipes daily.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new 6 week challenge starting soon!
APPLY HERE>>> NEW 6-Week Total Body Transformation Challenge
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more Silicon Valley Residents to reach their full potential >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook