Here’s a savory recipe that you simply must try! Flank steak is a lean cut of beef, one that is encouraged in fat loss programs, however it can tend to be tough or dry when grilled. Not so with this recipe!
By braising lean flank steak in an amazing blend of spices and veggies, this recipe creates a tender, fall-apart steak experience that’s oh-so-enjoyable. If you’re a fan of braised short ribs then you’ll seriously love this recipe. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 2 pounds flank steak
- olive oil spray
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 medium Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- lime (for garnish)
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat with the olive oil spray.
- Add the flank steak and sear on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the steak to a plate.
- Deglaze the pan with the broth, scraping any drippings from the bottom. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients together in the slow cooker. Add the steak and pan drippings.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, until the steak is fall-apart tender.
- Remove the meat and let it rest for 5 minutes. Shred with two forks then serve with the tender veggies and a squeeze of fresh lime. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: 258 calories, 9g fat, 7g carbohydrate, 3g sugar, 351mg sodium, 2g fiber, and 34g protein.
Check out more fabulous recipes on https://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp