If you don’t already do this, make Monday’s slow cooker nights. Mondays have a way of getting super busy and hectic, so taking a few minutes to get dinner in the slow cooker that morning is a way to ensure that you and your family are enjoying a healthy, homemade meal at night!
Here’s a new and exciting way to cook up chicken in your slow cooker! The Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Blend brings phenomenal flavor to tender, fall-apart chicken breast and thigh. Pair this protein with a dark leafy salad and a piece of baked sweet potato. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 3 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bone-in, chicken breasts, skin removed
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- Combine the seasoning, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rub the seasoning into all of the chicken pieces. Place, bone side down, in a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl combine the coffee, lime juice, molasses, jalapeno and garlic.
- Add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker. Remove and discard the bones, and shred the chicken.
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker, mixing with the sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: 288 calories, 17g fat, 1g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 484mg sodium, 1g fiber, and 30g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call 650-654-4604 or email me now at email@example.com to set up your first strategy session. I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
FeastPeace, our NEW Organic meal delivery service has been outstanding. Meals are now available to go for those of you who would like to grab a quick bite to eat, lunch or dinner after sessions at the Harbor location.
If you don’t want to make the time to cook or if you are confused on what makes a healthy meal give FeastPeace a try for just a week. You can now order your meals 24 hours in advance.
For more information and to order >>> FeastPeace Organic Meal Delivery
Check out more fabulous recipes on https://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp