Chilled Asparagus Soup recipe courtesy of CatchingSeeds.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody ends removed and sliced into 1-inch lengths
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the onion and celery and cook over medium heat until onions and celery are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the stove-top and allow to come to room temperature.
- Add the soup, avocado, and lemon juice to a high-powered blender. Blend until creamy.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
- Garnish with lemon cream, parsley, and asparagus spears if desired. Enjoy! 🙂
(Lemon Cream Recipe: ½ cup raw cashew pieces, soaked for at least 4 hours, ¼ cup water, 4 tablespoons lemon juice, Salt. Rinse the soaked cashews and add them to a high-powered blender. Add in the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Store in the refrigerator.) [Credit: CatchingSeeds.com]
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call 650-654-4604 or email me now at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your first strategy session. I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
FeastPeace, our NEW Organic meal delivery service has been outstanding. Meals are now available to go for those of you who would like to grab a quick bite to eat, lunch or dinner after sessions at the Harbor location.
If you don’t want to make the time to cook or if you are confused on what makes a healthy meal give FeastPeace a try for just a week. You can now order your meals 24 hours in advance.
For more information and to order >>> FeastPeace Organic Meal Delivery
Check out more fabulous recipes on https://brienshamp.com/recipes
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp