Chilled Asparagus Soup recipe courtesy of CatchingSeeds.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody ends removed and sliced into 1-inch lengths
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the onion and celery and cook over medium heat until onions and celery are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the stove-top and allow to come to room temperature.
- Add the soup, avocado, and lemon juice to a high-powered blender. Blend until creamy.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
- Garnish with lemon cream, parsley, and asparagus spears if desired. Enjoy! 🙂
(Lemon Cream Recipe: ½ cup raw cashew pieces, soaked for at least 4 hours, ¼ cup water, 4 tablespoons lemon juice, Salt. Rinse the soaked cashews and add them to a high-powered blender. Add in the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Store in the refrigerator.) [Credit: CatchingSeeds.com]
More of my recommended recipes can be found here>>> Recipes
We are adding more recipes daily.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new 6 week challenge starting soon!
APPLY HERE>>> NEW 6-Week Total Body Transformation Challenge
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more Silicon Valley Residents to reach their full potential >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook