Here’s a salad recipe that’s hearty, quick and satisfies even the pickiest of eaters! With tender, roasted chicken, flavorful black beans and sweet, tangy mango, this salad hits every flavor note without guilt. Whether you’re making a quick dinner, a lunch-to-go, or serving up a meal for company – this salad is truly a winner.
As another serving option, you could present the salad on large lettuce leaves or place over shredded green cabbage. Also feel free to experiment with the ingredients – swap out the black beans for your favorite type bean and switch up the protein from chicken to turkey or sausage. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 1 (15oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small mango, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped roasted chicken, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 287 calories, 2g fat, 24mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate, 11g fiber, and 22g protein
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon! Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up on interview. We have our next 6-week challenge starting March 12th– I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
For more recipes like this check out our recipe area here: Recipes
We are adding more recipes daily.
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more Silicon Valley Residents to reach their full potential >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,Brien
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook