Looking for a cool salad to fill you up this summer? Here’s a delicious recipe from the folks over at Prograde Nutrition for you.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 bag (10 oz.) torn romaine lettuce (about 10 cups)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 of a medium vidalia or walla walla onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil + apple cider vinegar + garlic
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Toss avocados with lemon juice in large salad bowl.
- Add lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions; mix lightly.
- Add dressing; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Your friend & coach,