This recipe uses chicken breast, rather than pizza dough, as the base for pepperoni pizza toppings. By pounding the chicken down and rolling the pizza toppings inside, it creates a truly delicious, very pizza-tasting dinner. Credit to realhealthyrecipes.com for this great recipe!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- ½ cup Dairy-Free Cheese Spread
- 20 slices pepperoni
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cups pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a casserole pan with olive oil.
- Wash the chicken breasts and pound out to ½ inch thickness. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Spread 2 tablespoons of the Dairy-free Cheese Spread on top of each chicken breast. Sprinkle with basil, then arrange pepperoni on top of the chicken breasts in an even layer. Roll each breast and place, seam side down, in the prepared casserole pan.
- Pour the pizza sauce over the rolled chicken breasts and sprinkle with the remaining basil. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Slice each chicken breast roll and serve warm. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: Calories: 362, Fat: 20, Carbohydrates: 3, Sodium: 590, Fiber: 2, Protein: 33
Your friend & coach,