Thanksgiving is coming and I am already thinking about turkey. Here is a guiltless way to prepare spaghetti that the whole family will love. To create angel hair noodles out of zucchini you simply need a small kitchen gadget called a spiral slicer. I freakin’ love this thing. This ingenious tool is well worth the small investment – with it you’ll quickly and easily make delicious, fiber-filled noodles.
- 4 zucchini, ends trimmed and run through a spiral slicer
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (20oz) package ground turkey
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place the spiral-sliced zucchini in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium sized skillet heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Add the turkey to the skillet and cook until fully browned. Add the spaghetti sauce and mix until fully incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Mix the sauce with the zucchini noodles in the large bowl and serve.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 292 calories, 8g fat, 26g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 27g protein.
P.S. Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help me reach my goal of 10,000 subscribers >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,