Okra is one of my all time favorite comfort foods. There’s something delicious about biting into the tender okra skin and then having the seeds pop in your mouth. This stew is incredibly simple and quick to make — perfect for any day.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ? 4 cloves garlic, minced (or save time and use 4 cubes of frozen minced garlic from Trader Joe’s)
- ? 1 cup baby carrots, sliced lengthwise and crosswise
- ? 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- ? 1 pound fresh okra
- ? 1 (28oz) can whole tomatoes
- ? 1 quart veggie broth (32oz)
- ? 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground peppercorns
- ? 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ? 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- ? 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ? 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a very large skillet, or medium pot, heat olive oil. Add garlic, carrots and onion. Cover and cook, stirring
occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the ends from Okra and cut in half crosswise.
- Add okra, tomatoes, broth and spices to skillet. Gently break tomatoes apart with spoon. Mix and allow to cook, uncovered, on medium heat for 20-25 minutes, until okra is tender.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals approximately: 118 calories, 3.7g fat, 587.7mg sodium, 19.4g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 5.4g protein.
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp