Credit for this delicious fruit pizza recipe goes to Diana Keuilian!
For the Sugar Cookie Crust
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup palm shortening
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch
For the Fruit Pie Toppings
- 1 cup Real Healthy Custard (made the night before)
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and sliced into ½ inch strips
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup red grapes
- 1 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- fresh mint leaf for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of a pie pan with parchment paper and generously grease with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the coconut oil and palm shortening with an electric mixer on high speed for 30 seconds. Add coconut palm sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg yolks and vanilla until combined. Beat in the almond flour, coconut flour and starch.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Press the chilled cookie dough into the bottom of the pie pan and 2 inches up the sides. Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes, or until the crust is golden and browned on the top and the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Place the cooled crust in the fridge for 30 minutes, or up to overnight. It’s important that your crust is fully chilled before assembling the fruit pie.
- Spread the custard over the chilled crust. Decorate the top with the fresh fruit in a circular pattern.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving. It’s also possible to freeze this fruit pie for an hour before serving. This will help to keep all of the toppings in place. Remove from the freezer and set out at room temperature for 20 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: Calories: 238 Fat: 17 Carbohydrates: 19 Sugar: 12 Sodium: 76 Fiber: 3 Protein: 2
For more delicious recipes please check out my recipes page here.
Your friend & coach,
Try out our Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout totally FREE with unlimited sessions for 7 days: 1 Week Boot Camp Trial Info
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp