I just finished a short 20-minute workout and I am about to shut it down for the evening.
It was a transition day like all Mondays have the potential of being.
My family and I were away on our yearly houseboat trip at Lake Oroville near Chico with my brothers in law, sisters in law, nephews and nieces. There were 13 of us on the boat, 6 kids under 10. Hard to escape 🙂
It was a great trip… relaxing, fun and great memories with the family. I had lots of time to chill and wasn’t around technology much.
Late nights and woke up late also, deviated from my normal diet and not too much activity, so way off my normal routine.
Today my alarm went off at 4:30 am. Hence, the transition back to reality.
Before I taught my sessions @ 6 & 7 am, I gave myself plenty of time to fill up and prepare, so I had the resources to give to all of my wonderful clients, staff and subscribers.
- Grounding visualizations (visualize being connected to the earth)
- Listening to Christian music and other songs that motivate me
- Meditation to Chakra Tuner APP
- Saying affirmations (short and powerful statements that can drastically affect your “subconscious” to attract success and improve different areas in your life.
- Hydrate with 2 glasses of water
- Drink Bulletproof coffee
- Journaling with a focus on gratitude
If you are having trouble transitioning back to reality after a long weekend, a family vacation, an injury, family or work challenge consider some of the methods above.
Most important, start your day at least 15 minutes earlier than you need to, so you avoid being in a rush. And, consider keeping a gratitude journal and write in it every day. Preferably before you leave the house.
“Research shows that gratitude is the strongest of all human emotions.” Zig Ziglar
Tony Robbins says you can change your emotional state in just seconds. Why be angry, anxious or depressed when you have this powerful tool at your fingertips?
You can essentially write anything you are thankful for from yesterday, this morning, last year, and so on. I do this process most mornings of the day and I reflect back to the key events the day prior. Here is an example of the things I am grateful for today:
- The quality of sleep I got
- The energy I had when I got up
- The Bulletproof coffee I drank
- The quiet time I had to reflect and journal
- My car
- Joe for helping me set up
- Elyse for checking people in
- Anne and Tonya for all that they do
- Having a connection with all of my clients at 6 & 7 am
- The energy at the 4:30 pm boot camp
- Having Trish teach for Laurie and Robert
- Starbucks break
- Session with Erin
- Lunch with Chris…
- And so much more…
When you note all that you are grateful for, you see the abundance in your life and it is truly difficult to be down.
God is good!
If you need some help with your transition to be your best self again I am here to help. Contact me and let’s talk strategies!
Have a great rest of the week! Your friend & coach,
Try out our Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout totally FREE with unlimited sessions for 7 days: 1 Week Boot Camp Trial Info
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp