If you love coleslaw, then this salad recipe will quickly become your new favorite. While most coleslaw recipes contain a heavy, creamy dressing this one is made with guilt-free Greek yogurt. We’ve also added in some chickpeas for the boost of protein and fiber.
Make an effort to lighten up more of your favorite recipes by employing techniques like swapping out heavy cream for Greek yogurt or swapping refined sugar for coconut palm sugar or stevia. It’s small dietary changes like that over the long haul that will ultimately make the biggest impact on your health and fitness. Enjoy! 🙂
- ⅓ cup whole fat, organic plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium chickpeas, rinse and drained
- 2 ½ cups sliced packed green cabbage
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled with a vegetable peeler into strips or thinly sliced, or 2 cups shredded carrots
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, vinegar, water, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add the chickpeas, cabbage, celery, and carrots; toss to combine.
- Transfer slaw to a plastic food storage bag and chill at least 4 hours.
- Ready to serve, slaw keeps up to 3 days.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals approximately 214 calories, 3g fat, 107mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate, 10g fiber, and 12g protein.
More of my recommended recipes can be found here>>> Recipes
We are adding more recipes daily.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new 6 week challenge starting soon!
APPLY HERE>>> NEW 6-Week Total Body Transformation Challenge
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more Silicon Valley Residents to reach their full potential >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook