Sausage and Onions recipe courtesy of CivilizedCavemanCooking.com
- 1 pound pork sausages, 4-5 links normally (455 grams)
- 1 large onion, sliced (300 grams)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (450 grams)
- 1 apple, core removed and sliced (200 grams)
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed and sliced (45 grams)
- 3 tablespoons duck fat, melted (or bacon fat, olive oil, coconut oil)
- juice of 1 lemon
- dried thyme to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 Celsius).
- Place your onions, peppers, apples, and jalapenos in a 12 inch cast iron skillet or large baking dish.
- Add your duck fat and lemon juice and mix well ensuring an even coating.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to your taste liking.
- Take your sausages and place them on your bed of vegetables.
- Using a sharp knife, poke 5-10 holes around each sausage so they don’t explode in your oven.
- If you have a leave-in meat thermometer, now is the time to insert it into one of your sausages.
- Cover your pan or dish with aluminum foil and place in your preheated oven.
- After 25 minutes remove the foil to allow the sausages to brown until they are finished.
- I used a meat thermometer and mine took 35 minutes to finish to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit (73 Celsius).
- Remove from the oven when done and sprinkle with dried or fresh thyme and serve. Enjoy! 🙂
More of my recommended recipes can be found here>>> Recipes
We are adding more recipes daily.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new 6 week challenge starting soon!
APPLY HERE>>> NEW 6-Week Total Body Transformation Challenge
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more Silicon Valley Residents to reach their full potential >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook