There are two phenomenal things about this recipe…
1) It cooks in a slow cooker!
2) It’s brisket!
Adding veggies into the slow cooker, to cook right alongside the main meat dish, is one of my techniques for getting a completed dinner on the table in 10 minutes flat. This recipe is a prime example of a meal that takes only a handful of minutes in the morning, to get into the slow cooker, and then is hot and ready to enjoy when you get home in the evening.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
- 3 parsnips
- 3 golden beets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 head, green cabbage
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons chipotle chili
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 lb beef brisket
- 1 cup broth (chicken, veggie or beef)
- 1½ cups ketchup, no sugar added
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- Coat the inside of the slow cooker with the olive oil.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters and then each quarter into quarters.
- Carefully place into the bottom of the slow cooker, keeping the cabbage pieces intact.
- Peel the parsnips and beets and cut into large pieces. Place on top of the cabbage.
- In a large bowl combine the coconut sugar, chipotle chili, cumin, celery salt, sea salt and black pepper.
- Rinse the brisket and pat dry. Add the brisket to the bowl of spices and rub the spices all over the brisket.
- Place the seasoned brisket on top of the veggies in the slow cooker, fat side up. Pour the broth into the slow cooker, over the brisket and veggies.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the ketchup, vinegar, coconut aminos, liquid smoke and onion. Mix well and pour over the brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until tender and cooked through.
- Remove the brisket from the slow cooker and thinly slice, then serve with the tender veggies and the sauce. Enjoy! 🙂
Nutritional Analysis: 395 calories, 12g fat, 9g carbohydrate, 7g sugar, 623mg sodium, 1g fiber, and 59g protein.
More of my recommended recipes can be found here>>> Recipes
We are adding more recipes daily.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new 6 week challenge starting soon!
APPLY HERE>>> NEW 6-Week Total Body Transformation Challenge
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more Silicon Valley Residents to reach their full potential >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook