Pumpkin Spice Custard with Marrow Infusion
– 1 small pie pumpkin
– 6 eggs, preferably pastured
– 1/2 cup grass-fed beef bone marrow (about 2 pounds of bones)
– 3/4 cups coconut milk, raw milk, or cream for a decadent texture (raw cream is not readily available in my area, but fortunately the marrow imparts a similar quality)
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
– 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
– 1/2 – 3/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey (to taste)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Cut pumpkin in half and scoop out seeds.
– Place pumpkin halves cut side down in a baking dish and add 1/4 inch water. Remove from the oven when you can easily pierce the shell with a fork (about 45 minutes – 1 hour).
– While the pumpkin is baking, bring marrow bones to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes. When the marrow is ready, scoop the bones out with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl to drain. After they’ve cooled a bit use a butter knife to extract the marrow. Place it in a small bowl.
– Spoon marrow – but not the oil that has collected at the bottom of the bowl – in with the eggs, milk/coconut milk, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and honey. Puree until smooth.
– When the pumpkin is cooked through, scoop out the flesh and add it to the egg mixture. Blend until smooth.
– Place mixture in ramekins or a large oven-safe dish and bake at 375. Custard placed in small ramekins should be ready in about 35-45 minutes. Large casserole dishes take about 45-minutes to an hour. Watch carefully and remove when it is set in the center.
– Serve with whipped cream if desired. [Credit: MommyPotamus.com]
More of my recommended recipes can be found here>>> Recipes
We are adding more recipes daily.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new 6 week challenge starting soon!
APPLY HERE>>> NEW 6-Week Total Body Transformation Challenge
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more Silicon Valley Residents to reach their full potential >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook