My goal for you in the next 6 weeks and beyond is to make YOU a priority and to Focus on your 7 Daily Primal Needs.
Aim to significantly reduce stress in all areas of your life. If you reduce your stress significantly in the next 6 weeks you will WIN the challenge!
Are you meeting your daily needs?
Do you need to slow down and breathe more? Hydrate more? Sleep more? Eat better? Spend more time in the gym?
I interestingly enough, “more” exercise is not necessarily better and could actually increase rather than decrease your stress. Although it is very important to get at least 30 minutes of movement per day, it is only one part of the fat loss and health improvement equation… even smaller than sleep and food!
Review my 7 Daily Primal Needs Coaching Model by clicking on this link. The information contained in it is very important! Focus on the top 4 primal needs above all in the next 42 Days!
Below are some tips to Achieve Your 7 Primal Needs & Reduce Your Stress:
- First and foremost FOCUS on your psychology! Watch Tony Robbin’s Documentary“: I Am Not Your Guru.”
- Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing upon rising and going to sleep: Diaphragmatic Breathing Video
- Lie on your back and start breathing with your belly first, then into your rib cage and then into your chest (instead of starting with your chest)
- Breathe in and out of your nose for approximately 15 seconds each breath (5s inhale –> 5s hold –> 5s exhale)
- While breathing, think about 3 things you are grateful for and then what 3 things you are going to do today or tomorrow to achieve your goals
- Are you in need of a daily ritual to get you grounded? Try this Tony Robbins Priming Exercise: https://www.tonyrobbins.com/priming-exercise/I have done a lot of meditation work and this is by far my favorite. Try it for the next 3 days and tell me how you feel.
- Stay well hydrated.Start your day with 2-3 glasses of water. Drink approximately 8-16 oz. of water before and 1 hour after each meal, but limit water intake during meals (for better digestion). Your goal is to drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water per day. Drink an additional 4 oz. during each exercise session every 15 minutes.
- Sleep:Wind down in the evenings around 9:00 pm and be asleep no later than 10:00 pm. Do your best to avoid TV, cell phones and computers after 9:00 pm to optimize melatonin levels and reduce cortisol so that you can sleep better. My goal for you is to sleep at least 7 hours each night. Your body fat will reduce with good sleep. This will most likely be your most difficult assignment but it’s a critical one.
- Plan & prepare your meals in advance.Generally, high quality food does not just magically show up when you need it.
- Do your best to find certified organic food and pastured chicken, lamb, wild fish, grass-fed bison, etc. that are free of added hormones and antibiotics. The most important thing regarding preparation is not overcooking your food. It is best to eat high quality animal products that are prepared as rare as you can tolerate so you can maximize digestion.
- If you are hungry, think “fat” first(avocados, guacamole, olives, coconut, animal proteins (pastured, organic, grass fed) and fibrous veggies. Avoid gluten-based grains, processed garbage foods, sugar, pasteurized dairy and soy. I highly recommend that you check out Dr. Mercola’s Food Pyramid by clicking on this link. *Make sure you follow the approved food list on the 42 Day Detox.
- If you feel worse after a meal then make a note of it and modify that meal for the next time. See if you find trends on how you feel after eating specific foods or meals. What foods and meals make you feel good vs. bad?
- Keep a daily food journal.If you write down what you are eating and how you feel, you will generally be more aware, eat better and more often. Journal your food intake, exercise and sleep and you will learn quite a bit. Also indicate how you felt on a 1-10 scale before, immediately after and 1-2 hours after food consumption.
- If you don’t attend a boot camp session one day, please do 30 burpees. Seriously, this is the ultimate metabolic exercise and it doesn’t require any equipment. You can do the burpees throughout the day if necessary as long as they add up to 30. If you need a tutorial check here: BURPEES video. If you are too sore, perform the foam roll routine, stretch as much as you need and take a walk.
Let me know if you need any help. I am here for you!