Miles, do you remember Whac-A-Mole?
You know, the arcade game where a mole keeps popping up in unpredictable spots and it’s your job to smack it on the head?
Well, that’s kind of like how stress works.
Except you are the mole … and when stress gets out of control, every time you make a move, it keeps bopping YOU on the head.
Not only do you feel out of control, but it can also make you feel too tired or distracted to get in a solid workout.
Even worse, it can derail your workouts entirely (which sucks, because working out is a great stress reliever).
This is why it’s SO IMPORTANT to have a plan to manage stress before it manages you.
I came across this list of 6 different kinds of stress a while ago and thought it was eye-opening.
Since most of us deal with more than one kind of stress at a time, you can see how it really adds up!
1. Physical stress: bad night of sleep, being sick, hungry, or injured
2. Mental stress: rough day at work, too many decisions to make, overwhelmed
3. Emotional stress: feeling guilty, grief, anger, hate, frustration
4. Social stress: disagreements with others, feeling lonely, etc.
5. Existential stress: feeling hopeless, wondering what it all means, etc.
6. Environmental stress: loud noises, unsafe surroundings, hot or cold temperatures, stuck in traffic, etc.
Creating a lifestyle that helps you prevent and manage those stresses will help you become more resilient – and can stop stress from getting in the way of your goals.
PLUS: the same steps that help you manage stress will also move you CLOSER to your fitness goals.
● Getting enough sleep
● Exercise and being active
● Eating a healthy diet
● Practicing stress management techniques that work with you (yoga, breathing exercises, etc.)
Make time for YOU each day! You deserve it.
Committed to your health,
Coach Brien Shamp
If you’re ready to take back control, our “I AM A PRIORITY” Personalized Coaching Program can help you create a plan and lifestyle that will help you conquer everyday stress AND reach your goals … while feeling great along the way.
Want to know more? “Let’s schedule a call” “Click this link” https://www.iamapriority.com/